Wednesday, January 18, 2017

What is graphic design? (project based)

What is graphic design? 



At first I wasn't sure what I was going to draw. The drawings I had seen seemed to have a theme go along with it. At last i chose to incorporate a rain cloud into my drawing, and then somehow adding the logos in there. i did choose to put logos in my drawing because I feel like that is a very common and big part of graphic design that we see a lot everyday. I also did use typography and tried using different fonts in graphic design and using logos with letters that could be incorporated in the words graphic and design. I used typography because I thought it worked well with what I was dating. 

The 7 key elements in graphic design are texture, size, shape, space, line, color and value. i made sure to incorporate all of these into my drawing of graphic design. For example adding texture into the cloud, using different fonts and colors and sizes of my different fonts. Making sure there is enough space between the logos so its not to clumped. Making sure to find value in all the different parts of my drawings. 

I liked my work because of how I had the theme with a cloud and raindrops with all the logos. I also liked how it was mainly based off of logos. I also liked the sketching process because you had nothing to think off of and just had to go off your imagination. Staring off the sketching process I had no idea what I as going to do. I had to let the ideas come to me which was probably my favorite part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment